2008年2月7日 星期四

Happy Chinese New Year 2008!

Happy Chinese New Year! Finally it comes! Just past the moment, with lots of fireworks and smokes too. I had recorded some video clips about it, don't know whether I can upload them or not. My dad also "take part" in it...just long fire crackers only, "Pi Li Pa La" there, but very loud, not wonder the monster will run away when it heard the sound...I am talking about the fairy tales about Chinese New Year...

There is something about Chinese New Year want to share with your all...take from Wikipedia:

According to legend, in ancient China, the Nián (年) was a man-eating beast from the mountains (in other versions from under the sea), which came out every 12 months somewhere close to winter to prey on humans. The people later believed that the Nian was sensitive to loud noises and the colour red, so they scared it away with explosions, fireworks and the liberal use of the colour red. These customs led to the first New Year celebrations. Guò nián (simplified Chinese: 过年; traditional Chinese: 過年), which means to celebrate the new year, literally means the passover of the Nian
.

So, that's why we will play fireworks, it is a traditional custom. But there is a fireworks ban, because it is too dangerous. There is a powerful firecracker which the sound is very loud, I really scared of it. My sister got injured just now because of that firecrackers. My neighbour played with it, then it is so powerful until something flew up and hit my sister, maybe is a stone or something else. I really scared of that kind of fire crackers, so loud and I felt wind blew up my hair when I stood a bit near of it. Really scare...Please someone don't play this kind of firecrackers, okay?

Whatever,

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR 2008!

HAPPY RAT YEAR!

沒有留言: