2009年3月1日 星期日

Grandparents' House

Grandpa's and grandma's house was sold out this morning. Dad and mum went back to take back some stuff as the house is going to become pieces of woods and stones. For more than 10++years, the house has been built and now, it is going to be not a house anymore. There is nobody live there since grandma has left us forever.

That yellow concrete with wooden upstairs house has been one of my memories. That is the house where I spent my childhood. That is the house where all of the relatives gather together every Chinese New Year. My mother, my aunties have married in that house. A lot of grandchildren including me and my other siblings have been taken care there when we were still babies. That house is not only in my memory, it is also in others memories.

I still remember, I always played with my cousins there. My cousins lived near to grandparents' house. Every weekend, my family will back to that house to deal with pepper, durian trees, rambutan trees...My sister and I will play a lot of games with my 4 cousins. We are like brothers and sisters although we do not have the same parents. We ran here and there, went to the garden and so on. It is the sweetest memory I even had in my childhood......

Every Chinese New Year, all of us will back to that house. Of course my family will arrive there first because we lived in Julau that time, it only needs 1 hour journey, unlike my other relatives who live in Brunei and Miri that time. We were excited to wait for them to come back and that is one of my excitement during Chinese New Year. We could play fire crackers although it is banned as we are in the village. You can also experience a lot of Chinese traditional customs as my grandma was used to it...That time, I love Chinese New Year so much.

I had a dream on it when I still young. I wish to bring my partner, my life-partner someday to visit my grandparents' house and tell him this is the place I enjoyed my childhood, this is the place I experience village life, this is the place to make me use to village life and it causes me to fall in love in village life. I prefer village life than life in busy big city, such as in KL.

However, it finally becomes a dream, just a unfulfilled dream forever, the house becomes nothing anymore starts this morning......


I will always remember that house, forever in my life......

沒有留言: