2008年3月15日 星期六

The Longest Time for "Lim Teh"

What is "lim teh"? It is a Hokkien dialect(can someone help me to do spelling checking?), it means go to drink tea. In Cantonese, it will be "yam cha" and in Foochow will be "sia tah".

I'm not giving lessons on different Chinese dialect right here, I just want to share with you...Actually we are not only going to drink tea, but also to eat. This is the time a group of friends or relatives will have a gathering, go to "kopitiam"(coffee shop) or restaurant(if you are rich enough), then drink and eat something. Not only drink tea, you can also drink lemon tea, "Teh C", my favourite drink, but can drink too much to avoid from diabetes *laugh You can also go to eat supper or dinner or else, such as noodles, burger...(actually I want to try Kuew Tiaw with tomato sauce)

When I start to have this habit? Can't say it as habit, but is one part of my life...Actually when I was Form 4, I had follow my friends to eat Rojak and ABC in Bintangor, which that small town has a very delicious Rojak, somehow I came is just to become "lighthing bulb" of a couple, to make sure no one misunderstand them, *LOL But never mind, at least I had free food to eat and drink, that's why my weight is nearly 60kg right now. Can't believe it? Believe it, I just done my medical check up for National Service. So, the "lim teh" becomes part of my life since I moved to Sarikei, sometimes I will follow my church member as I have no friend and was very free that time. Usually at night, we still young, always active in night life, but it is healthy, please don't misunderstood. We always go back before 12 midnight...Just like last night, I still follow them to go to eat although it was raining. At first sure I feel like I am a stranger, can't mix with them, but now I can laugh of loud with them.

At first my parents didn't feel comfortable with this habit, but soon they didn't say anything, as long as I come back before 12. But when I was still a student, I seldom follow them, only during school holidays. Then during Chinese New Year, I will follow my cousins to eat satay and Malay's food at Kampung Seberang, which provides your various choices, I like to go there, it just too far from my house. I guess, this is what youth todays will do especially at night, and especially when they separated for so long and take this chance to be together and chit-chat about themselves.

This night, I made a record. I went to "lim teh" at Lake Park for FOUR hours! I don't know what the "tauke" feel as we sat there for that long, *laugh We chatted until 10pm then we went back. Fock Keong, the guy who are going to become Singaporean as he works there right now comes back to get this result, was asking for this gathering, and of cause, he is the one who paid, * LOL As he didn't come back at last Chinese New Year, sure we will spend time with him and chit-chat. Quite miss him because the visiting last time become a bit lame without his noisy sounds, *laugh But actually Kok Wei was the one who share the story most, about his life as a temporary teacher, and hearing stories about Siew Jing, our classmate and his colleague now. His experience will help him and me a lot, as both of us want to become a teacher, but it depends on God. I surrender to Him. Really have a nice chat tonight, until our parents called us and asked where we were, only Fock Keong didn't receive any call, just busy messaging, but still he share a bit of his work and life over there, but I think we just "ket" more than chit-chat. It really fun, until we didn't realize the time past so fast.

I think, this is what a gathering called, although we had only six people at first and left four in the end, but still we enjoyed the time together happily, for me. We really have long time not to see them, especially the "Singaporean", others we were together during Chinese New Year. Next time we should have a reunion, eat steamboat together...Suddenly miss my friends in Bintangor, I didn't go there to have gathering with them during Chinese New Year as they ask to, I always hate that I can't spend long time with them.

I like this habit, although it will cause me heavier, but to have more strong relationship among friends, this is one of the best way. Miss that time, where can we have that again?

沒有留言: