2009年10月29日 星期四

Cooking for Hockey's Dinner

Hockey club had organized a dinner tonight in the campus. At first we wanted to book from cafeteria, who knows they charged more expensive! Our budget was RM 5 per one but they charged RM 10!

How did we solve this problem? We cooked the food ourselves!! We booked Bilik Teratai (Lotus Room in English) and borrowed dishes, spoons, folks...from Surau and ERT room. Where did we cook?
Here! It looks like a classroom and indeed it is a classroom but it is exclusive with the present of kitchen beside there. This is ERT room where we can cook and put our food inside the refrigerator. Where is it? Opposite KDP room, those from IPR can look for it someday, maybe we can also borrow here!

The food we prepared were Nasi Goreng Cina, salads and Bihun Goreng. There were Malay friends who prepared chicken, hot dog and Nasi Tomato in Surau. I found out that girls from my class like to cook and they are pretty GOOD. Your fried rice are very delicious, honestly I tell you all and you see...

There are different versions of fried rice because they were cooked by different 'chefs' from my class, include Sin Yee, Jenny and Geok Ying. Me? Honestly I tell you, I didn't cook much besides white rice! I cooked it after taught by other people and with the help of fellow friends. Please don't be mistaken that I don't know how to cook rice, it just that I don't know how to cook with stove.

So pity that we don't have rice cooker to cook 4kg of rice, that is why we used fire and it was so slow to wait for the ripe rice. I became the fire controller, so funny, right? I helped to control the fire on the stove. The stove is not the usual stove we use at home, we need to light it up with fire lighter or fire match, I guess my hand has a bit injured because 'burned' by the hot stove, it's OK, I'm alright.

It is indeed a wonderful experience that finally we discovered that actually they are several cook in our class and we are proud of them, next time their husband will feel happy to have a teacher wife who knows how to cook well, hehehehe...Me, don't dare to cook for you all until I have a good skill, sorry guys, you didn't eat my dishes tonight... But at least I learn how to cook rice on the stove, it is a BIG improvement, haha...

What a tiring day but it is worthy! Thanks everyone in Hockey Club who helped us to organize this dinner successfully, no matter you are the 'chef', the 'cleaner' and so on, thanks for co-operating with us. And also thanks other friends who helped us to cook although they are not the members.

THANK YOU!

沒有留言: